Case Study Project
Case Study Project invites college students (UG, PG, research scholars etc) to solve a feasible Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) problem statement of reasonable complexity using OpenFOAM, through which they can improve their job potential.
Approved Case Study Projects will be provided with an eCertificate and Honorarium of INR 1000 to INR 8000 depending upon the quality and content of the project.
Technical Requirements: Any student (UG, PG, research scholars etc) who has basic knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics and OpenFOAM (Learn OpenFOAM by visiting our Spoken Tutorials).
Procedure to submit:
- Create a FOSSEE CFD account and log in to the website. To create an account click here.
- Prepare a 1 page abstract describing the CFD problem statement. Make sure your proposal is not in the list under Completed Case Studies and Case Studies in Progress. To view a sample abstract, click here.
- Fill and submit the Case Study Proposal Form
Mentors are not accepted for Case Study Projects
Only 1 proposal per form is accepted. To go to proposal form click here
- After acceptance of proposal, a deadline to submit Case Study Project will be accorded to you. Prepare a Case Study Project Directory in a .zip folder which has the following:
- Mesh file that can be imported from CFD software like ANSYS/GMsh/Salome or created using OpenFOAM utilities.
- Simulated case directories using OpenFOAM 4.0/4.1/5.0 or foam-extend 3.1/4.0.
- Contours, plots and data files post-processed using ParaView and/or Python scripts.
- Minimum 3 page report of Case Study Project in pdf format specifying software details and dependencies on other codes/functions (if any). Click here to download sample Case Study Project Directory.
Evaluation Criteria: The completed Case Study Project will be evaluated on
- Complexity of the Project
- Validated results using other sources/references
- Quality of the report
The Case Study Project aims to promote usage and documentation of OpenFOAM: Free/Libre and Open Source Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software by developing CFD based case studies using OpenFOAM.