This hackathon is a platform for the CFD-OpenFOAM community to show their skills in OpenFOAM. Participants are expected to upgrade solved Case Studies into the latest versions of OpenFOAM according to the standards of openfoam.org or openfoam.
Here goes the instructions for participants of the OpenFOAM Hackathon:
Step 1: Click here to select any one solved Case Study on OpenFOAM
Note: Select a Case Study that would match your area of interest/ expertise. Each Case Study will have a definite number of days within which you will have to upgrade them into the latest version of OpenFOAM. The score you will earn by upgrading the problem is also displayed alongside. You can select one Case Study at a time.
Step 2: Finish upgrading your selected Case Study within the stipulated time and then take up the next one. You may submit more than one Case Studies on or before 27th Nov 2023.
Note: You may release a Case Study before the period that is stipulated for the problem and take up another one that matches your expertise. In case you cannot upgrade the Case Studies within the stipulated time the problem will be automatically reverted into the Case Study Repository.
Tips: This Hackathon resembles a Strategy Game in which you can select many simple problems or one complex problem, to showcase your talent on OpenFOAM expertise. You may calculate the score in advance, based on that you can select the problems.
- Log in to the CFD website and submit a proposal here.
- Click on the My Submissions tab on the left-hand side menu to upload your case files.
- In case we do not receive your submission by the end of the completion date, the submission will be released back to the repository.
- To submit more problems, mark the current one completed and propose a new problem using the same proposal form.
- A zip file consisting of the Case files updated to the latest version selected while submitting the proposal.
- A report that contains the post-processing results of the case study. The results should be matching with the one that is already there in the previous version.
- The report should be ideally a one page document containing the post processing results like contours, plots etc.