FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020
Please keep visiting this page for updates
Last updated on 01 April 2020
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19 and travel restrictions placed by IIT Bombay, the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2020 will be offered remotely. The FOSSEE team will contact the selected candidates through emails soon.
Refer to Spoken Tutorials on OpenFOAM to start learning OpenFOAM.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Simulation using OpenFOAM.
- This task involves simulating a CFD problem in OpenFOAM as well as the preparation of a technical report on the same. Submissions without the technical report will not be considered for evaluation.
- A minimum of 2 case study project submissions are required to be considered for evaluation.
Technical Requirements: Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics and OpenFOAM.
Procedure to Submit:
- Click here to submit.
- Prepare a 1-page abstract describing the CFD problem statement. Make sure your proposal is not in the list under Completed Case Studies and Case Studies in Progress. To view a sample abstract, click here.
- Upload the prepared abstract using the Abstract Submission option in the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship Portal.
- Once your proposal is submitted it will be reviewed and approved/disapproved.
- After receiving the approval of your proposal, you can proceed to complete the case study project.
- Once you complete the project, prepare a case study project directory in a .zip format which has the following:
- Mesh file exported from CFD software like ANSYS/GMsh/Salome or created using OpenFOAM utilities.
- Simulated case directories using OpenFOAM 4.0/4.1/5.0/6.0/7.0 or foam-extend 3.1/4.0/4.1.
- Contours, plots and data files post-processed using ParaView and/or Python scripts.
- Minimum 3-page report of Case Study Project in pdf format specifying software details and dependencies on other codes/functions (if any).
- Submit the Case Study Project directory in the Report and Case File Submission option in the FOSSEE Summer Fellowship Portal.
Evaluation Criteria: The completed Case Study Project will be evaluated on:
- The complexity of the Project
- Validation of results using other sources/references
- Quality of the report
- The number of Case Studies submitted per candidate. Multiple Case Study Project submissions will improve the chances of landing the Fellowship.
NOTE: If not selected for FOSSEE Fellowship, your project(s) will still be evaluated under CFD Case Study Project after submission.