FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2018
PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATIONS FOR FOSSEE FELLOWSHIP ARE CLOSED. TO APPLY FOR CASE STUDY PROJECT CLICK HERE.
FOSSEE CFD team, IIT Bombay invites applications for Summer Fellowship 2018. Selected candidates will get an opportunity to do an internship in IIT Bombay, on Open Source CFD Simulation, under Prof. Shivasubramanian Gopalakrishnan from Mechanical Engineering Department.
The registrations for FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2018 are closed.
Click here to know the important dates.
Minimum 1 Case Study Project (Doing multiple Case Study Projects will improve chances of Fellowship!!).
Case Study Project involves solving a feasible CFD related problem statement of reasonable complexity in OpenFOAM.
Technical Requirements: Any student (UG, PG, research scholars etc) who has basic knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics and OpenFOAM (Learn OpenFOAM by visiting our Spoken Tutorials).
Procedure to submit:
- Prepare a 1 page abstract describing the CFD problem statement. Make sure your proposal is not in the list under Completed Case Studies and Case Studies in Progress. To view a sample abstract, click here.
- Once your proposal is submitted it will be reviewed and approved/disapproved.
- After receiving the approval of your proposal, you can proceed to complete the case study project.
- Once you complet the project, prepare a case study project directory in a .zip format which has the following:
- Mesh file exported from CFD software like ANSYS/GMsh/Salome or created using OpenFOAM utilities.
- Simulated case directories using OpenFOAM 4.0/4.1/5.0 or foam-extend 3.1/4.0.
- Contours, plots and data files post-processed using ParaView and/or Python scripts.
- Minimum 3 page report of Case Study Project in pdf format specifying software details and dependencies on other codes/functions (if any). Click here to download sample Case Study Project Directory.
- Submit the proposal and case study project directory in the submission portal.
If not selected for FOSSEE Fellowship, your project/s will still be evaluated under CFD Case Study Project after submission.
1. You will receive an email with the subject line "FOSSEE Summer Fellowship 2018 - Submission".
2. Click here to visit the submission portal and login with your username and password given in the email.
3. Select CFD (OpenFOAM) under 'My Courses' section to submit the task(s).
Note: To consider for FOSSEE Fellowship 2018, the Case Study Proposals should only be submitted in the moodle link using the username and password given in the registered email for Fellowship program.
Evaluation Criteria: The completed Case Study Project will be evaluated on
- Complexity of the Project
- Validated results using other sources/references
- Quality of the report
- Number of Case Studies submitted per candidate
For any further queries contact us at contact-cfd(at)fossee(dot)in with subject line as "FOSSEE Fellowship 2018"